cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

BT4600 answerphone issue

We recently got a BT4600, but when calls come in both the base and handset just ring and ring, the answerphone never picks up. So all we get is missed calls. The base display says answerphone on and we seem to have the settings correct. Any thoughts people?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT4600 answerphone issue

@Lynn13 

Have you tried reducing the number of rings before the answerphone cuts in?

Do you have answer 1571 which may be picking up your calls before the answerphone can?

Do you have call guardian turned on or off? If its turned on, what mode is it set to Answer and record, or Answer only?

It could of course be faulty, and it may be best to speak to the product helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi Keith, thanks  yes tried all that, set to 3 rings just in case. I think it is faulty, just wanted to check I wasn't missing something obvious.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

@Lynn13 wrote:

Hi Keith, thanks  yes tried all that, set to 3 rings just in case. I think it is faulty, just wanted to check I wasn't missing something obvious.

Its probably best to exchange it, as its looks like the answerphone is not detecting the incoming ring.

If a new one does the same, then its possible that the ringing current sent from the exchange, is not strong enough. Who provides your phone service?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Provider is Zen. We didn't have a problem with previous answerphones; would the current thing affect different equipment differently? 

I expect we will take it back, but not sure whether to get the same model or a different one. Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

I am not sure if Zen have their own exchange equipment, or whether they use the BT exchange equipment, so its difficult to say whether its an exchange fault.

If you can, try the phone in another property.

I would get the same phone, as I have the BT4600, but I am a BT Retail customer. The phone works just fine.

If a replacement does the same, then you would need to contact Zen, and see if they can change the exchange equipment for your line.

0 Ratings