cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 4

BT4600 cordless phone

I have just purchased a BT4600 cordless phone.

Yesterday, when out, someone tried to phone me -- I have caller display and would expect the number

that phoned me to be displayed on screen.

The number just kept scrolling across the screen and was impossible to understand -- it was just crazy.

It occurred to me that maybe the font was too large and it didn't 'fit' on screen but could not find any

method of changing the font size.

Not expecting any problem I have thrown all the packaging away, otherwise I would return this phone now.

I am very unhappy over this.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT4600 cordless phone

Hi @Baffled3 welcome to the community and thanks for posting. The calls list menu holds the number of the last 50 calls you've received as long as the number hasn't been withheld by the caller.  Pages 49 and 50 of the user manual explain how you can access the caller display calls list from the menus.  

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Provided their number is stored in the phone, against their name, then only the name will be displayed.

If you miss the call, then pressing the calls down button, will allow you to view it. Once you know who it is, you can add it to the directory.

I have the same phone, and the scrolling of the display is normal.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 4 of 4

Thanks to both responses which I appreciate.

I have just carried out a test -- I deleted my mobile from the phone book of the 4600 and then made

a call to it from my mobile. All mobile numbers have 11 digits and the maximum number of digits displayed

on the 4600 is 9 (in the incoming call mode) -- so the display jumps from showing the first 9 numbers

then the last 9 numbers followed by the mobile number without it's code all in rapid succession. A cycle of 3

different sets of numbers and 'dashes' used when no space for a number. Just a mess. The only way of stopping it is to save the number.

I cannot accept this situation and the phone is being returned.

0 Ratings