cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

BT4600 no dial tone

Go to solution

Subsequent to an electrical storm my BT4600 units ceased to work. No dial tone and incoming callers get a message that the line is in use. Line tested and no fault found. Using an old Panasonic unit enables calls in and out. Any rectification procedure suggestions for base unit?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT4600 no dial tone

Go to solution

@Davidrfx 

You could try power cycling the base unit just in case its locked up, otherwise you could ask the product helpline to see if they have any suggestions. Its possible its electrical damage, so you will probably have to replace the base unit.

Product helpdesk information

If your phone is within warranty:

By phone: 0800 145 6789

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm, Saturday 9am to 2pm

By email: Click here for email support

If your product is out of warranty contact BT's recommended agent

By phone: 0800 980 8999

Spares information

Replacement parts including batteries, line cords and additional handsets are available from the product helpdesk.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT4600 no dial tone

Go to solution

Thanks for that. I purchased a new base unit and it all works again now, but it appears the problem was the batteries in the old phone handset - probably surged by the lightning! The net result is I have a spare base unit and receiver. If I buy new batteries for this receiver can I use the base as a normal slave to the new base - I.e. add a fourth unit to my setup? If it is not plugged in to the phone line does it become just another subsidiary unit that could be registered to the new base? Advice appreciated.

0 Ratings