Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 11 of 16

Re: BT4600 not allowing VIP numbers to come through directly

Go to solution

Hi terry - it may well be that the 1571 service (a network-based call screening service) is accepting and handling your calls before your phone has a chance to.  If you wish to just use the phone to screen your calls then you will need to disable the 1571 service so that you can make full use of the phone's call screening features.

0 Ratings
terrypin
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 16

Go to solution

Hi Murray,
It took most of my afternoon, finishing with an hour or so on the phone with a very patient member, Clive, of the Technical Support team. In an earlier call to Customer Service I was told confidently that I DID have Caller Display. Asked how much I was paying for it I was told it was free, which puzzled me a bit but I was pleased to know that was not the cause of my problem.
But it WAS. Near the end of the later call it was revealed that Caller Display was NOT enabled! That was corrected and will apparently become effective in the early hours of Friday. So I'm reasonably sure that will fix the blocking problem. So every caller, regardless of status, will no longer have to go through the present hassle.

I remain puzzled why this free feature is not enabled by default? This issue would then never have arisen.

Terry

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 13 of 16

Go to solution

Hi terry, glad you've almost got it sorted.

One thing to bear in mind is that you will also need to ensure that 157 Call Minder is turned off so it doesn't affect the phone's call blocking capability.

It would also be wise to check that you aren't pyaing for the 1571 service if you are no longer going to use it.

0 Ratings
niro
Beginner
Message 14 of 16

Go to solution
Hello. I am having the same problem. What is the solution? I would appreciate your reply.
0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 15 of 16

Go to solution

Hi niro,

As stated before, it may well be that the 1571 service (a network-based call screening service) is accepting and handling your calls before your phone has a chance to, if you have that enabled.  If you wish to just use the phone to screen your calls then you will need to disable the 1571 service so that you can make full use of the phone's call screening features.

0 Ratings
niro
Beginner
Message 16 of 16

Go to solution

Finally solved. Thank you.