cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

I cannot receive verification code messages on my handset.  It does not ring but registers a missed call.  Presumably it determines the call is a nuisance call before it even rings.  How can I answer the call to get the code (used on many banking, HMRC and other services).  (No mobile coverage in my location).

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT4600

Go to solution

@shihan 

Turn off BT Call Guardian, and see if the call gets through. Then add the number to your phone`s directory,

You can then re-enable Call Guardian, and next time the call should get through.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

Interestingly the missed call delivering the code was from a mobile number.  This perhaps suggests the number may change on a regular basis.  How does the software identify this number as an unwanted call which therefore doesn't even ring (although it registers a missed call). The call was from a bona fide company delivering a code to enable a more secure log in so shouldn't really be in a black list?  Or should verification codes always be sent from a fixed line number?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

PS I've also had problems receiving verification code from HMRC log in procedure - which I would assume comes from a fixed line number.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Personally, I would be very suspicious of any verification code sent from a mobile number, and I would simply ignore it.

All verifications I have ever received, have come from fixed line geographic numbers, and its always the same number.

As for HMRC, simply add their number to the phone directory, and it should come straight through.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks Keith

You are right of course.  I think it was just coincidence that I received a mobile call just when I was expecting a verification code - so it was probably unrelated and from a number already registered as dodgy.   I later found verification code sent to my junk email box.

0 Ratings