Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TB74
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT6500 adding additional phone after one broke

Afternoon

I have gained the BT6500 quad set. Unfortunately one of the phones has died so I purchased a replacement. It won't let me register the new phone. I obviously can't de-register the dead phone so is there a way of clearing all the registered phones from the answering machine base and starting again? I have tried to re-set the base and pin but it keeps stating that the function is not available at the moment.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT6500 adding additional phone after one broke

Hi
You can register up to five GAP compliant handsets to your BT6500 base to extend your phone system
Are you following this process :-
Register an additional handset
1. Select Menu, scroll Calls to display Settings and press Select.
2. Press Calls to highlight Registration and press Select.
3. Register is highlighted, press Select.
4. Press and hold Find button on base is displayed.
5. Press and hold the find button on the base until you hear a beep and the In use light starts to flash.
6. Immediately, select OK on the handset. The handset will display Registering handset to indicate the base is in registration mode. If the system PIN is not 0000 then you will be prompted to enter it, then select OK.
7. Once registration is successful the handset will show Handset x registered (with X being the assigned handset number). The handset will then synchronise data with any other registered handsets, e.g. contacts, speed dials, handset names and text messages.
0 Ratings
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

Just to add :-
To De-register a handset
1. Select Menu, scroll Calls to display Settings and press Select.
2. Press Calls to highlight Registration and press Select.
3. Press Calls to highlight De-register handset and press Select.
4. Press Calls or Volume to highlight the handset you wish to de-register and press Select.
5. If the system PIN is not 0000 then you will be prompted to enter it, then select OK. If it is 0000, you will continue straight to point 6.
6. The display will show De-registering handset and once successful the display will confirm the handset has been de-registered.

Step 4 : you select the handset so you can de-registered form any working handset.
0 Ratings
TB74
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Many thanks, I tried that, but it still won't accept the new phone as the old one is still registered but can be de-registered as it won't switch on. I also still cant re-set anything.

0 Ratings