cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hi everyone. I am trying to get some info on how to open my BT6590 cordless phones with answer machine, so I can change the batteries. When I first bought them I got about 2 hours constant talk time. Now I get barely 10 minutes, so I'd like to put in new batteries. I read on the forums here that the back is split in two and you press the top half and slide down but my phones have a 1 piece back. I'm flummoxed, can someone help?

Many thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT6590

Go to solution

14B310A5-C36B-4013-A08D-5916D7956BD1.jpegAs far as I can see, your handsets are the same or very similar to those of the BT8600. If they are, then look for a thin slot about 1cm long at the base of the handset, insert a screwdriver very gently whilst praying that the great god of plastic favours you, and lever between the two parts of the handset. Once you have created a small gap between the two parts, you should be able to wiggle them apart and expose the batteries. The image shows the slot.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Many thanks
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @DaveWillow welcome to the community and thanks for posting, page 8 on the BT6590 manual explains how to change the batteries along with a diagram on how to remove the back of the handset to access them. I hope that helps.

Thanks

Neuk

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Great. Thanks. 

0 Ratings