Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TonyLid
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

BT6600 Telephone Problem

Go to solution

Hello All,

Got a BT6600 that is acting oddly ....... after a call (in or out) the phone display continues to show the little handset  indicating to hang-up & the duration of the call which doesn't change.  The phone is out of warrantee so BT want me to call the 0906 premium number @ 60p per minute 😡 I don't really want to do that, probably cheaper to buy a new phone.

So my questions are;

what is wrong with it?

Should I bin it?

Renewing it will take half of my pension so reluctant to go down that road.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT6600 Telephone Problem

Go to solution

Hi TonyLid,

If the Call Duration counter is not increasing then it seems to suggest the call has actually finished.  Does the call actually clear when this happens?  Do you get dial tone again after you have pressed the red End Call button?  And does the display then return to normal once you put the handset back into the charger?

0 Ratings
TonyLid
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi MurrayB,

thanks for such a quick reply.

Does the call actually clear when this happens?  If this means can I still hear the other end, then no I cannot.

Do you get dial tone again after you have pressed the red End Call button?  No.

And does the display then return to normal once you put the handset back into the charger?  No

Oddly, if I call the phone from a mobile & let it ring a couple of times & hang up, apart from actually ringing the display shows it's my mobile calling & then when I cancel the call on the mobile the display returns to how it should be.

Hope this helps identify the problem.

TonyL

0 Ratings
RIC9380
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hello.

I would try in order:

• Taking the batteries out for a few minutes and then pop them back in to see if that sorts it.  Possibly replace them as the unit is a 5 year old product.
  • Deregister the handset from the base unit and then reregister it to see if that solves the problem.
  • Call the helpline 0800 145 6789 (free call).

Good luck.

0 Ratings
TonyLid
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
RIC9380, It's 2 days since we tried your first suggestion & seems to be working properly, so many thanks to you & everyone else.
TonyL
0 Ratings
RIC9380
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution
Excellent. I'm pleased that's sorted it 🙂
0 Ratings