cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stationo
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BT7610 Digital Cordless Phone stuttering when ringing

Hi I have just connected up  a Twin handset of BT7610 Digital Cordless Phones however when the phone rings the ringing is stuttering, it's as if each ring is not completing, it's more like a half ring. 

I have tried calling it from my mobile and will continue the half/stuttering rings until I hang up.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT7610 Digital Cordless Phone stuttering when ringing

@stationo 

Welcome to this user forum.

Who provides your phone service as its sounds like a line or exchange fault?

0 Ratings
stationo
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi,

It will be Open Reach, but I didn't have problem with previous phone, and it's still ok when changed back.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

@stationo wrote:

Hi,

It will be Open Reach, but I didn't have problem with previous phone, and it's still ok when changed back.

What I meant is who do you pay your line rental to?

0 Ratings
stationo
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Sorry, my mistake, Talk Talk.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

@stationo wrote:

Sorry, my mistake, Talk Talk.

As its not connected to a BT Exchange. as TT use their own exchange equipment, it could be that the ringing current is not strong enough, so the first thing to do would be to try it at another house, that would prove whether its the phone or the exchange/line that is the problem.

If it works fine on another line, then to will have to take up the issue with TT and see if they can swap their equipment out, or test your line. Your other phones may not notice the problem.

If the phone still does not work on another line, then first contact the product helpdesk. If they say they are faulty, then ask for a replacement from the place you bought them from.

0 Ratings
stationo
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Thank you very much will try that.
0 Ratings
stationo
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Hi Keith,

Just an update on the ringtone scenario.

It seems to be just the one ringtone melody that is stuttering on both handsets so it looks as though the phones are indeed working fine.

Unfortunately it is the only preferable ringtone as the other ringtones seem to have been created when Tangerine Dream and Jean Michel Jarre', ( one for the older chaps and chapess's), met up and thought making up ringtones would be a good idea after a night on the beer, what happened to the good old ring -ring?

If I could even download a couple of different ringtones onto phone that would be a bonus, I have children who could do that, then I could annoy the children with a little bit of 'Whole Lotta Love ' everytime the phone rang!

Anyway, will go and decide which of the digital ringtones we can live with for the present.

Once again, thank you very much for your help, it's much appreciated.

Cheers

Robert

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

It maybe somehow interacting with the ringing interval coming from TT. Perhaps it just gets going, and then the ringing "pause" happens and chops it off?

It may work differently on a BT Retail line, if the ringing current timings are different ie. the On-Off period.

A bit of a strange one.

0 Ratings