Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Copey399
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT8600 Cordless Phone

Go to solution

My BT8600 set of 3 cordless phones have all stopped charging.  We've switched them round, starting with the most used to least used but now none of them are holding a charge.  Is it possible to change the batteries and if so, how do you get the back off?  It has a completely long back with a button in the middle which doesn't seem to do anything so no obvious "slide off" bit ??  

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT8600 Cordless Phone

Go to solution

The batteries are 2 x AAA Ni-MH 750 mAh rechargeable batteries, BT's recommended agent are on 0800 980 8999 they offer spares 

BT8600 -Battery.JPG

This is how the batteries are removed. 

Copey399
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you very much, most helpful 👍

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

The 'button' in the middle of the rear casing of the handset is actually the covering of the loudspeaker which can be used by pressing the green handset button during a call.

If you had managed to get replacement batteries for your handsets but are still having issues with them not charging, please let the Helpdesk know.

Copey399
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Oh thank you for that information.  I did read the handbook years ago but as with all appliances, tend to use just a few of the functions available (i.e. my washing machine has about 12 different settings and I use 1 or 2 of them 😄 Likewise the microwave oven).   

I have managed to send away for some batteries recommended for these phones but thank you for the offer of help if we have any further problems x

0 Ratings