cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT8610 call guardian phone issue

Go to solution

Hi 

Whenever I get an incoming call all the phones re-set themselves,  often twice, which means it is hard to answer a call.

I have tried re-setting the base, all the handsets, de-register and re-register, turning call guardian on/off etc with no  joy.

Batteries all show full charge, once on a call they last for ages.

They are out of warranty so can't go back. 

Any ideas?

Thanks

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT610 call guardian phone issue

Go to solution

@CrikeyOreilly 

Although the batteries may show full charge, they probably have lost their capacity under full load when an incoming call comes. During a call, the consumption is much lower. Its quite a common problem.

Change the rechargeable batteries in just one of the phones to start with, and see if it fixes the problem. If it does, then change the rest.

The batteries normally last 12-18 months before losing capacity,

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Tried a set of normal batteries to test a handset and it worked fine so will order a new set, thanks for the advice 👍

I'd rather avoid cheap chinese batteries, any advice on 6 decent AAA rechargeables?

The ones that came with the phone say Ni-MH 750mAh

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@CrikeyOreilly wrote:

Tried a set of normal batteries to test a handset and it worked fine so will order a new set, thanks for the advice 👍

I'd rather avoid cheap chinese batteries, any advice on 6 decent AAA rechargeables?

The ones that came with the phone say Ni-MH 750mAh

That was a good way to prove it 😀 Saves buying new phones.

Any well known brand of rechargeable batteries should be fine, with a capacity between 500 to 800mAh should be fine. The last ones I used were Digimax ones, and they have been fine.

I use them in my BT4600 phones.

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Great cheers 🙂 Would the 100mah ones be ab issue other than a longer charge time if flat? I'm a bit rubbish with electronics!

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@CrikeyOreilly wrote:

Great cheers 🙂 Would the 100mah ones be ab issue other than a longer charge time if flat? I'm a bit rubbish with electronics!

I think you meant 1000mAh. No I would stay with the 750mAh ones, as the internal charging circuity would be designed to charge that capacity, and you would not gain very much.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

OK cheers for the help, much appreciated 👍

0 Ratings