cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KG2019
Message 1 of 4

BTWholeHome connectivity issues

Having problems with BTWholeHome connectivity .... paused the system late last night.  Tried to unpause this morning but connectivity dropping in and out.  Discs and main hub BTHub 5 ... all showing Blue lights.   Have unplugged everything and tried to revert back to standard broadband (ie without the discs) ... better but not all areas of home have coverage.... (which is why I got the system in the first place!).

Have had chat with BT but no issues with my broadband line.  Told to call BTWholeHome on Monday when office opens.  Need internet before then.... can anyone help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
thebroughfamily
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTWholeHome connectivity issues

What does the whole home wifi app say about the discs? Position ok? Are they set to get a DHCP address automatically or set to static? Also try changing the wifi band from Auto to a fixed number and see if it's better, the auto setting has never been much good.
0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 4

@KG2019wrote:

Having problems with BTWholeHome connectivity .... paused the system late last night.  Tried to unpause this morning but connectivity dropping in and out.  Discs and main hub BTHub 5 ... all showing Blue lights.   Have unplugged everything and tried to revert back to standard broadband (ie without the discs) ... better but not all areas of home have coverage.... (which is why I got the system in the first place!).

Have had chat with BT but no issues with my broadband line.  Told to call BTWholeHome on Monday when office opens.  Need internet before then.... can anyone help?

Hi @KG2019, sorry you're having these problems. Can you please confirm your discs have the latest firmware  v1.02.06 build12  (see this FAQ if you don't know where to look or how to upgrade).

Also, you could try plugging your discs again and give them a couple of days to settle (don't worry if you see short internet drops during that time, just let it settle). You may find that the simple fact of the power cycle will resolve the problem. Try this before you call the helpdesk.

Hope this helps.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
KG2019
Message 4 of 4

Thank you.  I will try that - Firmware is up to date.

0 Ratings