Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jeamb1
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BTWholeHome does have a problem with windows

Hi all,
I wonder if someone can help, after I upgraded my BTWholeHome to the last firmware (1.02.01 build 24)
None of my windows laptop or computers can find WiFi.

When I turn off the Bt wholehome and restart the WiFi on computer, then they find where to connect.
In regards to iOS devices or android it’s all fine.
Can someone please help/advise?
(I did check drives, updates etc in windows devices)
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Jeamb1
Beginner
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTWholeHome does have a problem with windows

Can someone please help? I am not an expert but I do usually sort non standard problems digging a bit and collect info. I see no solution for this one, and I cannot believe it’s only me with this kind of problem.
If I could at least go back to built 23...!
0 Ratings
Oxlade1
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Are your Wi-Fi drivers up to date on your Windows PCs?
0 Ratings
oakserver
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hi,

I've not seen this particular problem on my Windows 10 laptop or my Macbook either and I have not read of anyone having an issue particularly with windows which would suggest it might be specific to the model of your PC for some reason.

If your laptop is dual band, try switching the wifi network settings on your laptop to use 2.4g band only. It might be the band steering element of the BT Whole Home wifi that your laptop doesn't like.

I did experience a problem like this on my Motorola G4 play which seemed to resolve itself with v24 of the firmware but that might just be co-incidence. Perhaps it's fixed my Moto G4 and had the opposite effect with your PC!

Mike

0 Ratings