cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BConway
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Baby monitor glitch?

Has anyone else had an issue with the smart monitor 6000 where, if the connection is poor, it will display the last shown image for a second when activating the display?

Asking as I got the fright of my life this evening when the monitor turned on and briefly showed an adult bent over my daughter's crib when she woke up and caused the screen to turn on.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
lnajr02
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 2

Re: Baby monitor glitch?

Hi
Are you see the problem when you are in close proximity to the camera or just out of range.
This is the BT Help pages for the BT Video Baby Monitor 6000 it has some FAQ’s http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/58437
BT’s Baby Monitors are tested to work up to 50 metres indoors and up to 300 metres outdoors. The range is the distance the Baby unit and Parent, but this can be effected if you have the camera or baby parent is near another 2.4 GHz WiFi source. Units should be placed away from other electrical/electronic equipment e.g. TV’s, PC’s, modem/routers, microwaves, mobile phones etc. Ideally these items should be at least a metre away, to avoid possible interference.
1. What distance are they apart?
2. What are the walls made from if they are in between the two units?
3. Is the Parent unit beeping?
4. If you move the units closer to each other do you still see the same problem?
0 Ratings