cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Backhall on New Home Mini

I've just setup 4 of the new mini home hubs with 1 conencted to the router. 2 as wirless stations and the last one is connected by ethernet backhall back to the router.

Certian things are working fine. I can roam around the house with the same wifi detials and it swaps about.

However the backhall is giving some issues. That disc shows as not conencted in the app. However it does say one device is connected to the disc. The device I'm using to view the app! So it must be working.

One of the disks is closer to the one with backhall than the master disk. However it does not connect to the backhall disk only the master one (confirmed by the orange light for poor signal and the device map)

However the backhall disk is in a great location for that device. So why doesn't it connect to that one?

Its been driving me mad. It is sort of working but not as well as it could.

I've tried reseting all devices, adding them in various orders. Setting them all up as wirless then adding backhall but everything I've tried gives the same issue.

I'm wondering if the app needs updating to correctly support backhall on the new version disks.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Backhall on New Home Mini

Hi monkey13,

There is a known issue with the App which affects a small number of users when their Network is configured in a daisy chain topology.  The middle disc in the daisy can sometimes be shown as not connected in the App, however this is only an App display issue, the network and disc are  functioning correctly.

If you go to the Web Interface (http://btwhole.home) the status will be displayed correctly.

Have I understood your problem correctly, or is the problem with the 2nd Ethernet connected disc?  

If you could post any screenshots from the App to show the issue, it may help me understand the problem better.

Many Thanks

Darren_B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply but I think my issue is different to that. My lounge disk is the one connected to the router. F Bedroom is also connected through ethernet backhall to the router.

Dad Bedroom is in between the two but slightly near the F Bedroom disk.

The issue is (see images same in both app and web browser) that the F Bedroom looks like it isn't connected to the setup at all. However it is and is working. In the app screenshot the one device connected is the device I used to take the screenshot.

If i disconnect the ethernet the disk then does appear with an ok signal however I'd rather use backhall if possible. Also it is a direct hardwired connection. No powerline or anything like that.

Cheers,

Sam.

AppAppBrowserBrowser

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 4 of 9

Hi Sam,

Thanks for the screenshots.  These have helped me understand your situation better, and this is different to my previous assumption.

We've not seen this before with the Mini, so we're very keen to get to the bottom of it.  It would help us out greatly if you could send us some logs.  This can be done easily from within the App.

If you go to Help -> click the Email address -> click Share

This will auto-generate an email.  If you could add FAO of Darren_B at the top of the email, and then this will make its way through to myself as the inbox is manned by the helpdesk team.

Thanks

Darren_B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Ok will do. Should I do that with the backhall connected?

Even more oddly through the webpage sometimes I can see the F Bedroom in the logs but not anywherre else. That might not always happen though.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 6 of 9

Yes please, leave it with the Ethernet Backhaul on the F Bedroom disc.

Thanks

Darren_B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Sent.

When I look in the log on the webpage for the F Bedroom Disc I can see my wirless device connecting and disconnecting in the log for that disc. I can get internet through it and access all of the newtork. So the main issue is the app and webpage not displaying the setup correctly.

Sometimes the app will say I'm not actualy conected to my wifi but not always.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 9

Hi Sam,

Thank for sending the logs, I've received them from the helpdesk and had a look.

It certainly appears to be a display issue in both the App & Web, as the log does indicate that the disc is connected and working as expected.

The issue has now been logged and we're trying to reproduce the issue in our own test setups.

If we identify a way to resolve (without the need for a new firmware) I'll post back here with the steps.  It if turns out a fix in the firmware is required then I'll update when that firmware would be available.  

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Darren_B

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Just a further update. I've found that if the normal primary disc is restarted on its own the F Bedroom disc becomes the primary.

The issue is then reversed. What was the primary disc now doesn't appear in the app and all the others connect through F Bedroom.

0 Ratings