cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Big BT Mesh

Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I purchased the big white BT Mesh Wifi system a few years ago, I have extended my house and needed another disc, I purchased a used one off eBay, it was working when I picked it up from the seller, however, it’s not working at my house. I have reset all the discs and started fresh, the newly purchased BT Mesh goes through the set up process, I disconnect the RJ45 cable and look for a excellent/good location for the newly purchased disc, I switch it in the disc goes from purple to flashing blue then goes to red, my old disc connect properly when I go through the process but this one doesn’t. 

can anyone help me please?

thank you in advance. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Big BT Mesh

Go to solution

I had a similar problem with an extra disk I purchased recently. It may be that like me you haven't actually reset your new disk to factory settings as you believe. Unlike most devices that you can reset as soon as you switch them on you have to be quite patient with these disks.

These instructions did eventually work for me when I followed them properly.

1. Connect the add-on disc to your hub (router) with the Ethernet cable provided
  2. Switch the new disc on and wait for the LED on the disc to turn solid blue
  3. With a pin or paper clip, press the factory reset button on the rear of the disc for about one second
  4. Wait for the LED to turn purple, flashing blue, then solid blue for at least 15 seconds
  5. Once completed, turn off this disc and follow the app set-up instructions

It is very important to WAIT the required time at steps 2 and 4.

At step 5 you must go through the 'add another disk' process in settings. When this completes successfully the new disk should work fine on wi-fi.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Big BT Mesh

Go to solution

Thank you, followed your steps and it worked!!

0 Ratings