cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sh34fy
Message 1 of 3

Big problem with my Broadband Extender 600 Kit.

I bought a new pair of Broadbant Extenders (The Broadband Extender 600 Kit) around 2 years ago now. My original pair worked for about 1 year and then when I returned from holiday they had suddenly stopped working. The only way I could get them to work was by holding the link button in for 5-8 seconds and then clicking the link button on the other extender for one second, but they would still only work for about 15 minutes and then the data light would turn off again. After about 2 months of continuous anger, I bought another brand new pair, and instantly had the same problem, of where the data light will turn off 15 minutes after I’d linked them together again. It has now gotten to the point where I cannot deal with them anymore and I’m extremely frustrated with this product. Does anyone have any resolution to this rather irritating problem?
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Sh34fy
Message 2 of 3

A BIG problem with the Broadband Extender 600 Kit.

About 2 years ago I bought a brand new pair of Broadband extenders (Broadband Extender 600 Kit) to use with my PlayStation 4. They worked really well with a stable internet connection of 20 MBPS. But after around about a year, after I had come back from a holiday the data light wasn’t on and therefore I couldn’t use my PS4. So I went into the internet and searched up to see if anyone had any resolution to the problem. The only resolution that I found online was to click the Link button on one of the extenders for 5-8 seconds and then once the extenders power light was at a stable green to press the link button again but this time for 1 second, after doing this it then told me to press the link button on the other extender for 1 second and then wait for the data light to turn back to a stable green colour. But after doing this the extenders would only work for around 15 minutes, so every 15 minutes I have to go and repeat this whole process again which is very frustrating. After trying to put up with these extenders for a few months longer, I finally bought myself a brand new pair of the same extender kit (The Broadband Extender 600 Kit.) Once I had received the brand new extender through the post I then plugged it into the socket next to the BT HUB and the socket in the wall next to my PS4. When I plugged both the extenders in they worked for about 2 hours before turning off just like the last pair of extenders. And now the data light is turning off every 15 minutes AGAIN. So I have to repeat that “re-linking” process every 15 minutes which is very frustrating. Does anyone have a resolution to this HUGE problem?
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: A BIG problem with the Broadband Extender 600 Kit.

@Sh34fy I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband extender 600 equipment. I'd recommend you get in touch with the helpdesk as they may have some alternative suggestions to try.

By phone: 0808 100 6116

Monday to Friday 9.00am to 5.30pm

Saturday 9.00am to 2.00pm

By email: btconnectedhome@bt.com 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings