cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Black Wi-fi disc

Hi, I added a Wi-fi disc to my network a while back and had no issues until recently where the disc had a constant red light. I reset to factory settings an paired with my home hub and all worked fine again. I have read about just resetting my home hub and have now had to do this maybe 5 times in the last few weeks as the Wi-fi disc will have a constant red light, but as soon as I reset my hub I will turn blue and start working again. Any ideas on how to fix this issue? 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Black Wi-fi disc

Turn off Smart setup; What is Smart Setup on the BT Hub? How can I turn it on and off? | BT Help

If not that then check that the hub is operating in wireless mode 1

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

I have turned smart set up off now and the hub was already set to wireless mode 1. Will have to leave it a few days to see if this helps, thanks 

Message 4 of 9

So the red light has returned to my disc this morning again, anything else I can try? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Have you tried using the MyBT app to help you find the optimum position for the disc?

Tap on the three dots in the bottom right hand corner to access a side bar

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Yeah it’s connection to main hub is excellent 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Are there any doors between the hub and the disc which might affect the signal when closed?

If not then it sounds like you might have a faulty disc

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

There is a few doors but makes no difference in signal Strength whether there open or closed. Yeah I’m thinking faulty disc, is there anyway of updating the disc or the likes? 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

No way implementing a manual update to my knowledge. It sounds like you need to ring 0800 800 150 and report it, unless a mod picks up on this thread and offers help

0 Ratings