Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Razor1967
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Blocking a number states double entry

Go to solution

Hi there, I am new so bear with me.

I have owned a BT1200 telephone for a while now and never really used any of the features to a great extent.

However I am trying to block a landline number which constantly rings and it is annoying now.

My wife had a go at adding it to the Blacklist and it did appear on the saved list as a blocked number. Anyway the number managed to get through later in the afternoon.

I said I would have a look at it and went into the Call blocker menu, found the number and deleted it and then attempted to re set it back up again.

However every time I re input the telephone number (even though it is no longer in the saved list) it states double entry and won't let me add it again.

Anyone have any ideas why, do I have to wait to the next day or something as it obviously thinks it is saved in the phone already but it is not in the blocks list.

Any help would be appreciated

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Blocking a number states double entry

Go to solution

Did you actually enable turn call blocking on, to enable blacklist?

Capture.JPG

0 Ratings
Razor1967
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks for the quick reply.
No I realised earlier call blocking was not turned on.
It is now turned on but every time I try to block the number from the call list or add the number in the blockings list it states double entry each each time.
Am I missing something obvious ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

All you can do is to read the manual or ring the product helpdesk. There is a mention about making sure the number is not in the blocked list and the phone directory as well.

0 Ratings
Razor1967
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Yes you are right, I feel so foolish, my wife in attempting to block the number had accidentally added it to the favourites list as well, hence the double entry.
Sorry for bothering you all
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Razor1967 

Its no bother, that is what this forum is for.

0 Ratings