cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Blue light flashing on the master base of a four set BT essential cordless phone set.

Go to solution

Unable to find any reference to what may be the cause. Able to make and receive calls from master and the other three handsets. There was one recorded message on the answering machine which I have since deleted, still the blue light on the base flashes. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Blue light flashing on the master base of a four set BT essential cordless phone set.

Go to solution

Hi, @born2boogie welcome back and thanks for posting. The Essential phone user manual says that a flashing blue light on the base indicates one of the handsets is in use. If you have a new message the green light flashes. I hope that helps?

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Blue light flashing on the master base of a four set BT essential cordless phone set.

Go to solution
Thank You Neil, I went round all the bases and made sure the handsets were firmly placed (not just dropped on), sure enough ended the flashing blue light. I had another read through the user guide, I have to say it is a bit vague compared to the one related to the old BT Graphite series handbook. Anyway, problem solved thanks to your good self, and many thanks for your advice.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

We are having this problem with our bt advanced phone z set. Flashing blue light on main base. Anyone trying to get through only gets an engaged tone. Checked all handsets are fully engaged in their bases but this doesn’t fix the problem. What can we do?

0 Ratings