Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 31

Re: Brand new Smarthub 2 will not accept default password

Go to solution

Perhaps the Alexa devices are trying to connect to BTWifi/FON, which would be classed as a public unsecured network?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 31

Go to solution

Have you turned off "smart set up" since you have carried out the factory reset of the hub. If not you should do that. It can cause problems with some devices.

0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 31

Go to solution

Definitely was connecting - or trying - to the hub itself - not the BTWiFi/FON.

Graham
0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 31

Go to solution

That is the next thing I'm going to try - I now have both routers on my desktop one on and one off and I switch them back and forth when I test the new hub.

Graham
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 31

Go to solution

@grajay wrote:

That is the next thing I'm going to try - I now have both routers on my desktop one on and one off and I switch them back and forth when I test the new hub.

no sure what you mean by switching routers on and off but constantly disconnecting your internet connection will cause a problem with your connection and more than likely a reduction in connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 31

Go to solution

Yup - sorry I meant that I have both routers powered up and switch over the cables to see if I can solve the problems.  Usually I'm just swapping the broadband cable.

Graham
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 31

Go to solution

that's what I thought you meant - that will cause a drop in your internet connection as you change hubs and done often will cause DLM to see as line is unstable and take action by increasing noise margin and reducing connection speed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 18 of 31

Go to solution

Great - one just cannot win.  Think I'll just dump the Smarthub!

Graham
0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 31

Go to solution

If both routers are powered up you will be transmitting wifi signals from both regardless of where the broadband is connected.

0 Ratings
grajay
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 31

Go to solution

I don't understand how a powered up hub but not connected to the broadband cable will be transmitting a wifi signal - but if you say it does then who am I to disagree? 

Meanwhile this UnsmartHub and it's disc friend is going in the bin, and good riddance to them both

Graham
0 Ratings