cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reinforce
Message 1 of 9

Broadband Extender 600 and Wifi Home Hotspot 600 kit incompatible?

I have owned two BT broadband Extender 600's (http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-broadband-extender-600-kit-084284-BVFL.html) for the last year and had them sync'd fine to extend my broadband across the house.

I needed better wifi signal on the other side and upstairs so brough a BT Home Hotspot 600 Kit (http://www.shop.bt.com/products/bt-mini-wi-fi-home-hotspot-600-multi-kit-084289-BVFH.html) to add to the network.  

I note that the BT extenders of the same speed are compatible and I can have up to 8 devices. 

The problem I have is;

• Neither of the new wifi home hotspot extenders will sync at all (even in the adjacent socket) wtih either of the existing broadband extender.

I am doing the sync process fine and my wiring it good because

• The existing broadband extenders can be reset and re-sync'd ok
  • The new home hotspot extenders can be sync'd fine with each other / in any combination ok.

The broadband extender that comes with the wifi home hostpot kit will not sync with either of the existing broadband extenders either - despite them being absolutely identical in part no. / design etc bar mac address.

Clearly they are incompatible.

So I can have either the old extenders sync'd or the new ones, but not any mix which is what I bought the kit for.

Any help appreciated.

Gaz

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Broadband Extender 600 and Wifi Home Hotspot 600 kit incompatible?

Are you trying to connect more than one extender to the hub, because you can't do that. You can only have one extender and multiple hotspots.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Welcome to this user forum.

You must only have one extender connected to the home hub Ethernet port. That would be the master one, all the others must be slaved off that one.

0 Ratings
reinforce
Message 4 of 9

Thanks - No - just one connected to the Home Hub.  

What I want is;

#1. Broadband extender connected to the hhub  (the one from my original purchase)

#2. Broadband extender in room 1 for TV (ethernet only / the other one from my original purchase)

I've had this setup running fine for a while.

#3. Broadband hotspot in room 2 for wifi boost (one of the new ones I purchased)

#4. Broadband hotspot in room 3 for wifi boost (one of the new ones I purchased)

#5. The broadband extnder that came with the hotspots is spare/unused.

This needs devices from the two sets to be combined, which they just refuse to do.

The hotspots for rooms 3 & 4 will only sync with the extender that came in thier box, but that won't pair with #1 or #2.

Hope this makes sense?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Yes, makes sense and should work. What happens if you disconnect #2, do the new hotspots sync to #1 then?

0 Ratings
reinforce
Message 6 of 9

Nope. Have tried all combinations. #1 & #2 work together and not with any of #3,4 or 5. #3,4 and 5 work together and not with either of #1 or #2. I'ts like they are using a different sync protocol or something?
0 Ratings
reinforce
Message 7 of 9

Even doesn't work just using any two of the devices from different purchases to keep it simply.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

In which case I'm out of ideas, as far as I'm aware they should all be compatible unless anybody else knows differently.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Did you ever find a solution to this? I am experiencing the same issue...

0 Ratings