cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Broadband cable for Smart Hub 2 from filter to hub

Just received our Smart Hub 2 to replace the existing Smart Hub. Unfortunately the existing cable from the filter to the Smart Hub 2 does not fit into the hub as wrong size. What cable do I need or do I need to get a new filter and cable

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Broadband cable for Smart Hub 2 from filter to hub

@Magna1016 

It should fit into the DSL socket. Although it looks bigger, its designed to take both RJ45 and RJ11. Take a closer look.

I am surprised that you did not get an extra RJ11 lead, but perhaps BT are not sending them out.

smart hub 2 vdsl.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

if you are using a standard rj11 cable for existing hub the the cable should fit the new SH2 as connection as the same

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

You are correct that the socket in the back of the new Smart Hub 2 does look bigger but maybe an optical elusion - I will give it a try but if the existing cable attachment is too small what cable do I need and what filter do I need
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

It will fit.

0 Ratings