cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laurajanebrown
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Bt 4000

Hoping someone can help. My dad has the by 4000 and also has dementia. He can use it however for some bizarre reason the fact that it always shows new or missed calls on the display causes him huge distress! And in turn me distress! Is there any way of turning it off. I've even thought about just sticking a sticker over the screen but I'm not sure he will fall for that just yet! 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt 4000

Unfortunately this feature cannot be turned off, so any new or missed calls will be displayed on the handset screen.

0 Ratings
MurrayB
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt 4000

One thing you could try is to use the Screensaver feature, which would just display the time on the handset whilst it isn't being used, but this would only help until the handset is lifted out of the cradle and used, at which point the Calls List information would be displayed on the screen again.

This information can be cleared by accessing the Calls List, but I appreciate that this is the aspect that is casing the distress currently but there is no option to hide or not display that information, I'm afraid.

0 Ratings