cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ryanwoods10
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Bt Whole Home queries

Hello, a couple of questions regarding the whole home. Trying to simplify the WiFi at my local football club. Firstly, we have issue with speed down there, I'm sure I've read somewhere that if a guest network is enabled it will throttle the bandwidth to about 20% so devices on the main network effectively get priority. Is this correct? Also with regards to the Ethernet ports on the back can I use this as an ethernet connection into a device/could I plug it into a switch to get an additional ethernet port?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
DanielS
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt Whole Home queries

Hi @ryanwoods10,

Take a look at the following thread:

BT Whole Home v1.02.03 build03 guest network

Our TV expert @Dan-O confirms that the guest networks Guest Wi-Fi bandwidth is set at 20%.

I noticed you mentioned that your local football club has speed issues. Do they have a residential BT Broadband service or a BT Business Broadband service? I only ask as I may be able to point you in the right direction for support.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
ryanwoods10
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I would think it's business but not entirely sure. The speed will be because of its location as it is no where near anything and therefore not expecting the infrastructure to be upgraded any time soon. That's the reason the speed throttling is actually a huge bonus so the nessacery devices get priority. That's why I'm wondering if I can add a switch to one of the Ethernet ports on the disk so that everything can be managed through the whole home.
0 Ratings
Steve59
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Yes you could add a switch as it is just a 1ghz port
0 Ratings