cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 7

Bt Wifi Extender 610 - Issue with connect devices on Shell Broadband

I'm using Shell broadband, I have connected the Extender to the router using the WPS function successfully.  However when I try to connect a device to the EXT2 Shell network using my broadband wireless key, I get an 'Incorrect password' msg on my device.  I have tried to connect 3 different devices all have the same error message.  Can anybody help please?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt Wifi Extender 610 - Issue with connect devices on Shell Broadband

Have you tried setting up the extender manually rather than with the WPS button, shouldn't make any difference but worth a try.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Yes, I tried both methods.  I was wondering if t could be something to do with the hub settings on the Shell Router, that I may need to change, but unfortunately, I don't know enough to understand it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

You shouldn't have to as far as I'm aware, the extender should work with any router without making any changes. I must admit I'm not a fan of wifi extenders, they are a poor solution in my opinion and powerline adaptors are much better.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

Oh that's interesting, I'm not familiar with powerline adaptors. I'll look into that as an alternative. Thanks

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

The problem with wifi extenders is twofold. One, by definition they are a compromise as they must be located between the router and where the signal is really needed and secondly they halve the wifi speed as they are transmitting and receiving simultaneously.

Have a look at something like these , there are other manufacturers of course.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Ok, looks like I need to do a bit research.  Thanks for info.

0 Ratings