Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 10

Bt home wifi

Go to solution

I have just upgraded my broadband and have received a new smart hub2 and one disc. Does this disc have to be permanently connected to my hub or can I place it somewhere else after initial set up? Also when  I open the home Wi-Fi app it says that I’m not connected to the home Wi-Fi, and it asks for the password associated with the disc, but there isn’t one.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt home wifi

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

One of the BT device experts @BrunoN said the password is written on the disk.

Quote "For obvious reasons, you'll need to change the password from the default one printed on the back of the disc. Go into the Whole Home Wi-Fi app settings page, option Change admin password."

Its a bit confusing, as BT have marketed two different systems.

I do not think you would need to leave the disk connected, as that would defeat the purpose of the extra disk.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

On the back of my disc there are 2 sockets, Ethernet and power, an on/off switch and a label with the serial number. There is no slide out panel with ID or password on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@bayardmm wrote:

On the back of my disc there are 2 sockets, Ethernet and power, an on/off switch and a label with the serial number. There is no slide out panel with ID or password on it.

I think you will have to wait for either a BT Device expert, or someone who has the same system as you.

I assume the setup intructions are not with the system, or available online?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
Hi @bayardmm, you should have received an install guide with your new smart hub 2 and black disc. Instructions are in there, including detail for downloading the correct MyBT app, and how to install your disc (it doesn't need to be connected to the hub).
It seems to me you're maybe using the wrong app?
Let us know how you're getting on. If you're still having trouble call the BT Complete Wi-Fi helpdesk (details in your box).
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

I have since discovered the solution in that my disc is essentially a Wi-Fi extender as part of the new BT Plus Broadband and that I shouldn’t be using the WholeHome app.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@bayardmm wrote:

I have since discovered the solution in that my disc is essentially a Wi-Fi extender as part of the new BT Plus Broadband and that I shouldn’t be using the WholeHome app.

That would explain it. I expect that there are plenty of others who are going to be confused with the two different system.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution
I’ve had this extra disc for a couple of months working fine so not a setup problem
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Any suggestions?

booster disc still flashing red and no signal, had to move office into other room to pick up base hub

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Stusherry sorry that you are experiencing this problem with the extra disc. You would be best to contact the Whole Home Wifi product helpdesk on: 0808 100 6116 (Mon to Fri 9.00am to 5.30pm and Sat 9.00am to 2.00pm) or drop them an email to: btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to help you.
Cheers
John

0 Ratings