cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Bt hub clicking???

My BT Hub arrived Saturday and its plugged in waiting for activation on Monday. Its currently flashing purple, but its clicking every 30 seconds to a couple of minutes... is this normal? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Beginner
Message 2 of 5

Re: Bt hub clicking???

I've been waiting 1 month already for broadband and paid for line rental I have had no use of  so if it's a case of having to wait for a new hub after waiting this long already it will be a case of f*****g BT off with the cool down peroid!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

There is no separate line rental, its simply included in the cost of the broadband, whether you use the phone or not.

What broadband service have you ordered, remembering of course that its Openreach that provide the network for most providers, and they are very busy at the moment.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Yes there is when I had to wait 2 weeks for the line to be installed and then had to order broadband from then and have had to wait another 2 weeks. If it had all came in one go then no there wouldnt be a seperate line rental.

It's a BT HUB 2 and it's making an aweful clicking noise every 2 mins maximum. I'm wondering if it is searching for the broadband as it isnt activated yet or whether its faulty?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

I believe the SH2 does have a tendency to do that when it has no DSL input.

0 Ratings