cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Bt smart baby monitor

Go to solution

Hi,

I have been using my monitor for months and earlier today the connection dropped. It’s done this in the past but always worked a moment or 2 later. 
today is different, I have receiving an error saying it’s BTs fault and they are working on it followed by a pop up that says my camera isn’t taking to the server and to restart it. 
Needless to say, I have switched it off at the wall, unplugged it and just flicked the off switch multiple times today in the hopes to get it back online. 
I have also reset my internet router 3 times, re-linked to the camera multiple times - each time it finds the camera and connects no problem until I want to actually see what’s happening through the camera. 
the room temperature keeps updating but I don’t get any motion detection, video or sound just the error messages. 

many help

on how to fix this or how to get bt to replace the camera would be great! 

thanks

laura 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Bt smart baby monitor

Go to solution

Mine is doing the same! Screen works perfectly but the app is coming up with unknown errors. Temp updating, sometimes sound detection but no video link all evening. I have Also tried turning off/on, relinking etc. Makes me wonder if is a problem their end!

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

Thanks for letting me know. I have raised it with support, hopefully it’s resolved soon as I don’t like not having a monitor for my little one. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

Got this reply;

Thank you for contacting the BT Helpdesk.  We are sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing.  We are having a few issues with the server at the moment, if you could try again later, if you are still experiencing issues with the App, please try the following:

·       Switch off the camera, delete the App, turn the device you are using off and on completely (not just a restart), then reinstall the App and try the setup again

·       Open the App. Tap ‘Camera Settings’ >Tap the ‘bin symbol’ > select ‘Delete’.  Once the camera has been deleted switch the camera off (using switch on the side) press and hold the Link Button, then switch the camera back on keeping hold of the Link Button, after about 20-30 seconds you should hear a long beep, at this point you can release the Link button. Then try adding the camera again (+ symbol on the home page of the app)

·       Try moving closer to your router.

·       If you have any Wi-Fi Boosters could you switch these off during the setup.

·       Switch off the Mobile Data on your phone

·       If you have any other devices connected to your router could you switch them off during the setup.

If the problem persists, please provide the following details so that we can escalate this issue further –

Full contact name:

Contact Number:

Is your email address the same as the one used for your account?

Device you have:

•       Smart Baby Monitor 2.8” screen

•       Smart Baby Monitor 5” screen

•       Smart Home Camera

Serial Number:

Date of purchase:

What device are you using and with which Android/i0s version?

What router/hub are you using?

Who provides the broadband service at home?

What is the upload speed of your home Wi-Fi network + signal strength and as well as that of the mobile network?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Any update? I'm having the same issue.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

Got this reply, not tried their solutions yet;

Thank you for contacting the BT Helpdesk.  We are sorry to hear of the problem you are experiencing.  We are having a few issues with the server at the moment, if you could try again later, if you are still experiencing issues with the App, please try the following:

·       Switch off the camera, delete the App, turn the device you are using off and on completely (not just a restart), then reinstall the App and try the setup again

·       Open the App. Tap ‘Camera Settings’ >Tap the ‘bin symbol’ > select ‘Delete’.  Once the camera has been deleted switch the camera off (using switch on the side) press and hold the Link Button, then switch the camera back on keeping hold of the Link Button, after about 20-30 seconds you should hear a long beep, at this point you can release the Link button. Then try adding the camera again (+ symbol on the home page of the app)

·       Try moving closer to your router.

·       If you have any Wi-Fi Boosters could you switch these off during the setup.

·       Switch off the Mobile Data on your phone

·       If you have any other devices connected to your router could you switch them off during the setup.

If the problem persists, please provide the following details so that we can escalate this issue further –

Full contact name:

Contact Number:

Is your email address the same as the one used for your account?

Device you have:

•       Smart Baby Monitor 2.8” screen

•       Smart Baby Monitor 5” screen

•       Smart Home Camera

Serial Number:

Date of purchase:

What device are you using and with which Android/i0s version?

What router/hub are you using?

Who provides the broadband service at home?

What is the upload speed of your home Wi-Fi network + signal strength and as well as that of the mobile network?

Message 7 of 10

Baby monitor won't connect to app

Go to solution

I've only started using the monitor this week. At first all worked great. Then the parent unit or the app wouldn't connect. Ie tried disconnecting and reconnecting and uninstalling and re installing the app. I've managed to get the parent unit connection working. The app however is a different story. It will give me notifications or sound but it will not let me bring up the visual on the camera at all just says connection error restart device. This never works. Please help paid more for the smart app feature for it to stop working after 2 days. 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

As there's a few of us having the same problem I think it's an issue there end I've already tried all their suggestions and it doesn't resolve the issue. Fingers crossed they get it sorted soon

Atleast the parent unit still works. I got this working by reseting camera and they repaired if anyone having parent unit problems. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Mine seems to be working again now.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Yes, so does mine. Obviously an issue on bts servers. 🙄 

0 Ratings