cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Award90210
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: Bt whole home WiFi allowing BT Fon

I agree! But we’ve been right through and it does allow you to connect if you pay (BT FON). We’ve then unplugged the discs and the option to connect to bt fon goes, so it’s definitely connecting through our WiFi. Not happy at all!
0 Ratings
Award90210
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

No, brand new and there is no option in the guest WiFi area.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

Do you know anybody that is a BT broadband customer who would be able to try and connect to the BTWifi signal to see if it does actually work because I agree with licquorice that although it may be transmitting the SSid it won't actually be connecting to the BT network so would not be able to allow any body to access the Internet.

However having said that I would say there should be a way to turn it off if the customer does not want it transmitting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 22

See this from another Virgin user

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Devices/BT-Whole-Home-Wifi-and-Vodafone-Slow-speeds-via-Wifi/m-p/1911...

You could ask @sv88 whether they can see BT Fon as well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

@Award90210 When you connect to the BT wifi SSID what IP address does your device get?

0 Ratings
Award90210
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

Through my network/whole home it’s 192.168.0.93

I don’t know through BT Hub but can pay for another hour and see, if you think that would be helpful?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

No need to pay, just see what IP address your device gets when connected to the bt wifi SSID.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 22

@Award90210 wrote:
Through my network/whole home it’s 192.168.0.93

I don’t know through BT Hub but can pay for another hour and see, if you think that would be helpful?

Are you using a BT Homehub aswell as the disks?

0 Ratings
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 19 of 22

Hi @Award90210, I can definitely assure you that there's no link between Whole Home Wifi and BT FON / BT Wifi.
You may be picking up the hotspot from a neighbour or something like that. It's 100% sure that it's not coming from your discs.
You say you're a Virgin customer, so I assume you don't have a BT Home Hub, is that right?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

Is it possible that the disks could be repeating a BT Wifi signal from another nearby home hub?

0 Ratings