cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Bt whole home WiFi speed

Connecting via the whole home WiFi to the internet gets much slower speeds than connecting to the router directly. At the router I get 380mbps down wheras using one of the discs for the whole home WiFi plugged into the router I get around 80mbps (results from speed test.net). I would like to know how I can get the discs up to around the speeds I'm rated for as they was running fine before the end of November time.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Bt whole home WiFi speed

What Wi-Fi connection are you using ? The GEN 1 Whole Home discs should support max transmission speeds of when using 2.4GHz: 800Mbps and on 5GHz: 1733Mbps.
Try changing the port used in the HUB and also the Ethernet cable
I would also recommend that you turn off your hub/router Wi-Fi may improve your Whole Home Wi-Fi performance, particularly where there are lots of other wireless networks also check that the Whole Home Discs have the latest firmware.

Still seeing a problem, have a look at Whole Home Wi-Fi firmware and the Early Adopter, BT release firmware to the Early Adopter community has still been through the full test/trial process but may contain significant or sensitive changes that need to be exposed to a wider community to gain extra confidence of no regression issues before full public release.

Anyone can opt-in to receive Early Adopter firmware, this is how .
1. From a device connected to the Whole Home Wi-Fi network, use a web browser to navigate to http://mybtdevice.home
2. Log in using the admin password (default is displayed on the settings card)
3. Go to System > Firmware Update
4. At the bottom of the page, change the Early Adopter setting to Enabled and press save.
5. Next time a firmware update check is conducted, the system will receive the Early Adopter version instead of the general release version.

Note: An Early Adopter firmware may not always be available. Please check the BT Community Forums for more details about the Early Adopter programme and content of new releases.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

I've tried all this and have replaced my router now and the issue still remains. Any ideas as to what to do next? The peak I've been able to achieve on the whole home WiFi has been 100mbps wheras back in November it was approaching 400mbps. This was all on the 5ghz band with the main disc being plugged into the router and all the tests being performed from there 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

I think I would contact the Help-desk and ask if they can give you access to the next firmware version that is being tested. open the app HELP > Email click the address <SHARE> and it should open your mail app to send a question and an email to the help-desk.
0 Ratings