Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Bt whole home WiFi

Hi,

I am losing the will to live here! I have a trip pack of BT Wholehome working and has been for a couple of months but I need to add 2 more discs to it. I have tried to add the first one today and the app is telling me I need to do an essential update of firmware. When I run it, it says “update failed, Please check the internet and open the app again” but my internet is working fine.

Any ideas on how to get it to run as I cannot go any further with adding a disc until this works.

Any suggestions welcome!
0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 14

Re: Bt whole home WiFi

If you haven't already, you could try to update the firmware via a web browser rather than the app (which I've found can be temperamental):

Login using this web address:http://mybtdevice.home/index.htm

Input the admin password for the WH Discs and click on 'System' tab>Firmware Updates.

Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

Thank you very much, I’ll give it a go!
0 Ratings
Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 4 of 14

Ok so when I do that, it tells me I already have the latest version but I cannot use the app to do anything else as it tells me I need to update firmware?
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 14

What device is the WH App on? I've read on here that when some have had problems using the app, deleting it from the device and re-downloading a fresh copy and starting over can get things working properly again.

I have the app on an iPhone and an iPad and have in the past had to re-install the app to get it to function correctly.

0 Ratings
Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Yes it’s on an iPhone, thanks I’ll try it
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 14

Just one last thought - in trying to add the new discs to the network have you first plugged them into you router via an ethernet cable to allow them to sync all the connection details before proceeding with the 'add new disc' process.

I wonder, if the new discs were left plugged into the router for several minutes, whether they would self-update the firmware on them to match the firmware of the existing discs, which sound like they are on the latest version v1.02.05 Build 10. Just guessing at ideas here...

0 Ratings
Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 8 of 14

I have reinstalled the app but no change, I haven’ Got as far as adding the new discs, I plugged the first one into the router and got a red light and then the firmware update started to come up so I couldn’t continue with adding the discs... thank you so much for your ideas, it’s driving me mad now!
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 14

If you plug the new disc into the router does the light eventually go 'blue' indicating that it has completed whatever it's doing, or does it stay red and never complete the process.

If it does go blue have you tried unplugging it and then starting the 'add new disc' process via the app. (I'm not quite sure at what point you are seeing the message that is stopping you proceeding with the 'add disc' process).

The only other thing I can think of doing would be to factory reset the new discs using the button on the back and start over, first connecting to the router and then following the instructions in the app.

Other than that, I'm afraid I've run out of ideas, hopefully someone else will spot this thread and have some other suggestions. Good luck

0 Ratings
Slsargeant
Beginner
Message 10 of 14

No, it’s just flashing blue to connect and then goes red and never completes. Then I had this firmware message pop up on the app and when I try to update it says it failed and then it jut exists the app. So I have got no further than connecting tge first new disc and getting a red light.
0 Ratings