cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Call blocking

We have BT call blocking service but we have a problem with one London number We have put ********** as one of our contacts but they constantly have to announce their call. I also tried making the number a VIP one, but it has not cured the problem. Can we do anything else?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Message 2 of 14

Re: Call blocking

@Hammersmith 

Please remove the phone number from your post, as this is public forum.

Do BT Retail provide your phone service?

What do you mean about the BT Call Blocking service, do you mean BT Protect, which is a BT Retail customer option?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 14

Hi @Hammersmith welcome to the community, I've removed the number from your post. Is the caller withholding their number?

Thanks
Neil

Message 4 of 14

Not sure will ask them

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 14

@Hammersmith no worries, if they withhold their number and you've chosen to block these types of calls they'll have to announce themselves as the call blocking system can't see the number that's calling.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 14

No they have not got call blocking!
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 14

Which phone are you using?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 14

BT's  hands free

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 14

Hi @Hammersmith, I'm sorry I think there is a misunderstanding, it doesn't matter if they have call blocking or not. If they withhold their number when they call you and you block unknown and withheld numbers they will always have to announce themselves.  Are you using a call-blocking phone or the call protect calling feature?

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 14

Call-blocking phone.
0 Ratings