cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hermit57
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Caller display and open fault

My 88 year old mother lives alone, is frail and very deaf. She relies on caller display to know who is calling as she struggles to recognise voices but is able to converse when she know who she is talking to. Also saves her answering unwanted calls.

BT recently upgraded her Broadband (their initiation not hers). Her previous phones stopped working , not connected I don't think, just due to age.  She has a new set of BT Premium phones. Caller display does not work. She is subscribed to this. I checked that it should work on the phone by dialling the number given. I reported the problem via an online chat and was told it was a BT fault and engineeers would fix it remotely within 4 days. On the 4th day my mother received an email saying an engineer would visit the house - no date given. After a further 3 days I phoned the helpline, eventually got through, call handler told me engineers didn't visit for this problem but went off to check with a manager - waited a further 10 minutes then line was cut off. Could not get through for the rest of the day. Fault still showing as open on Mum's BT account.

Any ideas how to resolve this? I live 2 hours away from Mum

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
NeilO
Message 2 of 5

Re: Caller display and open fault

@Hermit57 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm so sorry to see you're Mum's caller display has stopped working. If this coincided with the broadband upgrade its likely the issue is in the exchange and it has to be reported in a specific way to ensure it's allocated to the correct engineering team to resolve. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch and we'll be happy to help.

0 Ratings
Hermit57
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Thank you. I have replied privately

0 Ratings
Hermit57
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Hi, I have replied privately - did you receive this? Is there anything else I should be doing - or is there an update please?

0 Ratings
Hermit57
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

OK, feel like I am going round in circles. Fault tracker now saying the problem is fixed - but it isn't. Phone still only saying 'incoming call'.

Fault tracker says 'contact us' if there is still a problem - but how am I supposed to do this? Online chat hot working. Long waits to get through on the phone. Click contact us and get direct ed here. Such a small thing to fix, you would think, but so vital to my mother. Maybe time to change provider?

0 Ratings