cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnoopSingh101
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Can I get some sort of router or sim (using same broadband) for my dvr dashcam?

Hi there.

I am using a DVR Dash-cam mirror for my car and it uses GPS. However for other things, it needs internet connection. 

When I drive long distances I need internet connectio, so my question is is there some sort of device / router I can put in my car or a simcard I must purchase for internet for my dashcam mirror in my car?

If I am a current BT Broadband customer could I get a SIM which is basically using my same broadband connection or will I have to pay seperate service if I purchase a sim?

Sorry, I am a total noob at this and I would really appreciate any help!

Kind regards,

Anoop.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Andy005
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Can I get some sort of router or sim (using same broadband) for my dvr dashcam?

Hi @AnoopSingh101,

A sim would be a separate contract to your broadband, but do you already have a mobile phone with data?

If you do then just use that as a hotspot and your dashcam can connect to that, you just need to keep an eye on your data. Just out of interest, why does your dashcam need an internet connection? Mine will connect via wifi but I don't see the need for it myself.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 3 of 3

Re: Can I get some sort of router or sim (using same broadband) for my dvr dashcam?

You could tether like @Andy005 suggests, all BT mobile plans support tethering.
Another option is a data only sim plan, so you have data but not wasting money paying for minutes and texts you won't use, you can see the data only plans Here

0 Ratings