cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Can I put an old phone with a new one?

Go to solution

I've just bought two new digital cordless phones to replace my two old ones that were faulty.

The instructions are very clear and tell me how to charge the batteries, and for how long, before using the new phones.

When I bought the existing set of two I had problems until both phones were fully charged. To avoid this happening again, can I use one of the new phones alongside one of the old ones until the new one is fully charged?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Can I put an old phone with a new one?

Go to solution

I wrote earlier that "the instructions are very clear". I'm not sure now because both handsets have this notice inside them:                                                                                                                                                                                      "up arrow  PULL  up arrow" "Rechargeable batteries already fitted." "Remove this tab and charge batteries for 16 hours before use."

Does this mean I put the batteries in my battery charger or do I plug them into an existing docking station to charge them? [This is what I meant by "can I put an old phone with a new phone.]

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

PS My previous posts were blocked due to "invalid HTML". What are the rules about valid and invalid HTML please?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

the tab is usually there to break the battery circuit in new phones so when you pull the tab you allow batteries to function and you may find the phones actually work but just place phone in charging cradle and let it charge

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

so can I replace an old phone in an old charging cradle with a new phone in a new charging cradle?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

so just disconnected old phone and charger and reconnect new phone with new charger

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
thanks.
0 Ratings