cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Can I use the Home Hub 5 on a G.fast (Ultrafast) connection?

Hi

Next week I'll be switched from my current 76Mbps Fibre plan (FTTC) to a G.Fast (150Mbps) plan.  All BT.  Currently I'm using a Home Hub 5 and have just been sent a Smart Hub 2.

Is it possible to continue using my Home Hub 5 when the G.Fast connection has been set up by the engineer?

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Can I use the Home Hub 5 on a G.fast (Ultrafast) connection?

@testman wrote:

Hi

Next week I'll be switched from my current 76Mbps Fibre plan (FTTC) to a G.Fast (150Mbps) plan.  All BT.  Currently I'm using a Home Hub 5 and have just been sent a Smart Hub 2.

Is it possible to continue using my Home Hub 5 when the G.Fast connection has been set up by the engineer?

Thanks in advance.

No, you have to use the Smart Hub 2. The Home Hub 5 does not work with G.Fast.

If you have a phone service associated, then the smart hub 2 is also needed to provide BT Digital Voice.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

If you're coming from where I think you are then you can swap out the routers without having to make any changes to your devices, just clone the HH5 settings onto the SH2 first.

Message 4 of 5

Got Ultrafast (G.Fast) today.  I still have phone but the engineer said that the changes that BT are planning (removing access to PSTN) hasn't happened at my cabinet yet, so it's still plugged into the wall.  Incidentally, I got a new faceplate regardless - left socket is marked "G.fast", the right socket is marked with a phone symbol.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

The change of faceplate is normal, for G.Fast.

0 Ratings