Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
C0W3N
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

Can a hub reset to factory on its own?

Hi

I've noticed recently my smart hub resetting back to factory settings. As I use the access control feature to limit the kids usage I’ve caught them resetting the router manual via the button at the back, this time however, I’ve been assured they haven’t touch it. Can the hub periodically reset to factory or is this a known fault with them?

Thanks

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Can a hub reset to factory on its own?

A firmware update will reset the hub but not like factory reset which you have to press recessed button on back then hold 20/30 secs  if it was a firmware update then you would see the date it happened

dont remember any posts where hub was constantly resetting back to factory settings

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 10

I think somebody is telling porky pies!

0 Ratings
C0W3N
Beginner
Message 4 of 10

Where would I find the date you mention?

It doesn’t happen constantly, about once a month for the past 4 months. Takes time to set everything up every time. 

0 Ratings
C0W3N
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

That’s what I’m thinking but it was during daytime when no restrictions are active. Might have to set up CCTV 🤣

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

The firmware update date is normally in the hub stats beside the firmware version

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
C0W3N
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Found it, thanks. 22/03/2020, not updated today. 

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

You can take a backup of the hubs settings. I'm not sure if it backs up the access controls but if it does and if there has been a factory reset you can then restore your settings from the backup.

0 Ratings
C0W3N
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Will definitely do that this time. Where is the backup file saved? Cloud or connected PC?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 10

Where you choose but normally on your PC.

0 Ratings