cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Can't change new Smart Hub 2 SSID or Wireless Password

I assume you get this message when you try and load the app on a smart phone? If so it sounds like the smart phone you are using is quite old and is running an old version of Android;  It needss to be version 5 or higher.  If the phone is newish then the message is odd and I'm at a loss how to sort that.  You could load the app on a tablet, android or apple, either should work just as well.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 12 of 18

Yes, it's on an older Samsung Tablet, but it's all I have access to.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 18

Do you have a particularly pressing need to change the password?

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

My Samsung Tablet (TM-800: Galaxy Tab S) is 6 years old but it's running Android 6.0.1. Have you tried to update the tablet operating system?  If not, a quick Google should tell you how to do it.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

But then maybe just changing the passwords on all your devices may save you time but I understand why you currently dont want to 🙂

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

@fixit9660wrote:

Anyone else got any suggestions please?

If you aren't already, try connecting to the Smart Hub 2 via an Ethernet cable instead of via Wi-Fi and then try to change the Wi-Fi password.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 17 of 18

@Pedigree500  I am connecting via the ethernet cable

@BAFlyerI will change all the passwords at a convenient time. I have tried updating the Tablet and it won't. It's running Android 4.

@licquorice  I've got a load of devices that I need to give service quickly. If I can just change the WiFi Password I can get them all working now and change them at a convenient time later.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 18

Wif you are connected to hub using Ethernet then you should be able to change password without a problem unless there is something in your password which is not acceptable to the hub. Unfortunately I don't think if gives a clue to the problem just won't update 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings