cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 10

Cannot save changes in Hub Manager (SmartHub 2)

Go to solution

I've not had this problem before, but for the last few days when I've made any changes in the hub manager that require saving after changes are made ( e.g. renaming devices on the network) I can't save the changes. I get a prompt to save the changes, but clicking on the 'Save' button does nothing.

I've rebooted the router twice (I don't want to keep doing that as I understand that can cause other problems) but it's not resolved the issue.

I'm going into the Hub Manager on a Mac using Safari and Chrome and on an iPad using Safari. All end up with the same result - the changes can't be saved.

Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks.

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: Cannot save changes in Hub Manager (SmartHub 2)

Go to solution

is it possible that the names you are giving the devices are for some reason not in acceptable format or contain symbols that the hub does not accept

try changing to something simple and straightforward and see if that is accepted.  if that does not work then if you have tried factory reset using recessed button on back then phone CS and ask for replacement

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

@imjolly Yes, they are all simple names, such as TVLounge and I'm choosing the Smart TV icon from the list that is available in the Hub Manager.

If it doesn't resolve itself I may well resort to a Factory Reset, although I don't relish that as I have changed all the login details from the defaults, so I'd like to avoid the palaver of getting all my devices connected again. If it comes to it, so be it, but I might accept the inconvenience in the meantime.
Looking at these forums it looks like I should be getting a firmware update to the hub soon, so I might hang on and see if that resolves the issue when it arrives. It seems that some people have already had the update so hopefully I won't have to wait too long to find out.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

the firmware update could happen tonight but it could also take weeks or in some cases never

you don't have to do anything to your devices after factory reset  just connect to hub after reset with ethernet connection and change SSID and password to your current setup and devices will connect automatically

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

I doubt a firmware update will resolve it if a reboot doesn't. I think you need to bite the bullet and factory reset the device, you can always take a backup of the config and restore it afterwards.

Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

@imjolly and @licquorice Thank you very much for your suggestions. I bit the bullet and did the factory reset and I can now save changes in the Hub Manager.

I firstly restored to factory settings and tested to see if it worked as it should - it did. I then applied my saved settings/router config file and the problem returned. I guess there must be some corruption in the config file. So I reset again and am now running with the default admin/wifi passwords and have only made other minor changes like dimming the light and turning off Smart Setup. That hasn't upset anything so I think I'll leave well enough alone. Thanks again.

(As an aside, although I subscribe to email notifications for all threads I participate in I NEVER get email notifications that people have contributed. Without derailing this thread, do you know if there's a fix?)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Paul_31,

I'm glad to hear that @licquorice and @imjolly  were able to help you get the hub manager saving changes issue fixed.

Sorry that you are not receiving emails to let you know that another user has posted on your thread. I have checked your Community Profile and you are set up correctly to be able to receive email notifications when another user posts on your thread or a thread you have been posting on. 

Have you checked the junk/trash folders?

Would you be able to try and set another email address up as your contact email address within the Community to rule out any issues with the email provider?

Please let me know how you get on. 

Matt

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Matt-S Thanks for your reply (which, as expected, I got no notification of). Nothing is going to spam, but as suggested I have changed my forum email address to my BT one - I was previously using my Apple email address. If you could reply to this thread it should show if it's resolved the problem. Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

@Paul_31 

Thanks for changing the email address, let me know if you get the notification this time?

Matt

0 Ratings
Paul_31
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Matt-S that worked! Maybe BT doesn’t like talking to Apple 😁

0 Ratings