Did you mean: 
Highlighted
RogerPenrose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Cannot set DMZ BT Homehub 6

Go to solution

Dear BT team

I am using the Homehub 6 as modem (Wireless off, Unpn off, DHCP off, firmware SG4B1000B522).

I recently did a factory reset and since then I cannot set a DMZ address. It looks like a GUI bug. The 1 device which is connected (which is my ASUS router) is unclickable. If I try to manually input its IP address to set it as a DMZ address it will not let me override the 0.0.0.0.

Does anyone have this issue? I used to be able to set the DMZ just fine. I do not know if the firmware just got updated and this a new GUI bug?

cannot input IP for DMZ.JPGcannot set DMZ.JPG

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Cannot set DMZ BT Homehub 6

Go to solution

Don't know about your problem, but the hub certainly isn't acting as a modem, it is still routing  and natting. Turning DHCP and wireless off doesn't make it a modem.

0 Ratings
RogerPenrose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thank you Licquorice you are technically correct but this is not the point of the post. I am using only 1 address from the pool so routing and natting is as basic as it can be 1 LAN IP to 1 WAN IP. 

If you can confirm that you can set a DMZ with your Homehub 6 (if you have one) with my firmware version it would appreciated. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Sorry, I don't have a HH6 so can't confirm.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Why not just simplify things and buy an Openreach modem?

0 Ratings
RogerPenrose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Dear moderators

I have discovered the issue and as expected this is a GUI problem/brower combination.

With IE 11.0.9600/Win7 the DMZ cannot be set - the window is non responsive

With Chrome 65.0.3325.181/Win7 it works just fine

With iPhone 8/iOS11.3 it works (although the page does not display fully I assume because the interface was not designed for mobile devices).

Please try to replicate this issue and report to developers

Kind regards

Roger

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Why not just simplify things and buy an Openreach modem?

Why not just by a T-Link modem/router?

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

@RogerPenrose wrote:

Dear moderators

I have discovered the issue and as expected this is a GUI problem/brower combination.

With IE 11.0.9600/Win7 the DMZ cannot be set - the window is non responsive

With Chrome 65.0.3325.181/Win7 it works just fine

With iPhone 8/iOS11.3 it works (although the page does not display fully I assume because the interface was not designed for mobile devices).

Please try to replicate this issue and report to developers

Kind regards

Roger

How can a GUI or browser problem effect what you are trying to do? I can guarntee it won't be that.

If you want full control of your connection don't rely on "on size fits all" ISP equipment. Get a third party router.

0 Ratings
RogerPenrose
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

There is nothing more to say other than what was said above.

I have 2 browsers in front of me: Internet Explorer and Chrome. The DMZ popup works just fine with the latter but not with the former (the cursor dissapears from the popup window of the DMZ as shown on the grab above when using Internet Explorer thus not allowing the user to edit the default address 0.0.0.0). Every other menu I have tested works just fine with either browser.

Using a modem would be preferable but this is not the point of this post. It is to report an issue with a functionality of the HH6 that may affect others.

0 Ratings