cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Changing and making separate 2.4-5 Ghz ??

Go to solution

I am a new user and have BT Whole House WIFI, with three units. Everything is working well. On my old system I had some scales, Aria connected to my WIFI network. This worked well also, and provided weight tracking on a FitBit App.

Of all the things connected to my old wify system this is the only one I can not get to work. I am have been trying with FitBit support to get these scales back online, without success!

FitBit Support have now suggested that I separate the two Ghz bands, 2.4 and 5 into two different forms, SSID's ( ?? )

I should add that the scales will only connect/work via 2.4 Ghz.

I do have have a clue how to start doing this. Also if it is possible. I find it very strange that the scales will only work via 2.4 Ghz and become "muddled" when the WIFI signal is a dual one. As I am fully at the end of my tec-knowledge I would be grateful for comments.

Sorry this is so long. Not as long as my efforts to get the scales back in use!!!!

Grateful for help.

Thank you.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: Changing and making separate 2.4-5 Ghz ??

Go to solution

There is a guide Here to follow, good luck.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

I have read this thank you. When you say HUB, does this mean the three units I have? I have disabled WIFI via my router and this signal is now provided by Whole House WIFI.
I am at the very edge of my tec-knowledge, so sorry if I ask a "silly" question.

Mike

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

As an add to my problem:

Is there a way of turning off 5GHz as a temp measure?  Once I have connected the scales I can reinstate 5Ghz. Life is never simple.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

from a previous post I think the solution they found was to turn off whole wifi and also the 5ghz network .  now connect the scales to the hub 2.4ghz and assuming you get conencted then switch whole home wifi back on and scales should maintain the 2.4ghz connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Does anyone have an easy to follow guide to do this?

Thx

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

I don't have a BT Hub but a Plusnet Hub One, with the WIFI Disabled. Further help if possible please?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Hi @mikegunnill, there's an earlier thread with a workaround solution here. Have a look and hopefully this works for you too. If not, let us know.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

I finally got my system to work. I reinstalled 2.4 Ghz on my old PlusNet router. This provided the clear access I needed to pair/get online with the scales. It was very simple to do in the end.

I can't help feeling that FitBit just using 2.4 Ghz and not a mixture of 2.4 & 5 Ghz is very outdated. As I didn't want the throw my £130 scales away, I kept trying.

Thank you to everyone here, who listened to my moans and requests for help.  I am grateful.

Mike

0 Ratings