cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Changing the Whole Home WiFi Admin password and finding it's not what we changed it to!

I spent yesterday afternoon trying to set the admin password on a friends Whole Home WiFi system.

It's make up of 3 disks bought as a set plus two extra disks and is running firmware v1.02.13 build07 and the problem happened several time before we gave up trying to change the default admin password.

We would reset all the disks and then set-up all five discs, configure them using the default settings of the three disc set and then try and change the admin password from the default to something else.

What happened each time is that we ended up with an admin password that was not the default or the new value we were trying to set. We did on a couple of occasions get ADMINPASS_006 displayed in response to an attempt to change the password. We had the same problem when we tried to set up one disc and then change the admin password and set up the three discs set and then change the admin password.

Anyone had a similar experience?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Changing the Whole Home WiFi Admin password and finding it's not what we changed it to!

I have the same problem with Wholehome wifi.

Won't let me change password

Error Adminpass_006.

Did you find a solution?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Re: Changing the Whole Home WiFi Admin password and finding it's not what we changed it to!

From a factory reset on all discs, Try configuring a master disc first as you want it (with all your configuration settings), leave connected to your router or lan with ethernet,  then just plug in the second disc to another lan port using ethernet cable and leave for aprox 5 mins, that will force check firmware version is same if not update it and configure the disc to match master, remove & repeat to all discs.

Once all disc configure, start deploying where you want them and power on.

Message 4 of 4

Also 5 discs!  That's either granite walls or a 5,000 sq ft house!

I only learn by making mistakes and owning up to them - boy do I learn a lot!
0 Ratings