cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JollyKnight
Message 1 of 2

Chromecast and whole home wifi

I've got a twin hub whole home wifi system.  I'm having problems connecting to a chromecast on the network.  From each phone I try the cast icon only appears intermittently and very often I have to be in a different room to be able to cast to the chromecast (possibly to get onto the same disc as the chromecast is on...though the fault is not that consistent).

I have tried giving the chromecast a static IP address and am on the latest firmware but the situation does not seem to have improved.  The whole home wifi is also the only wifi in the house - the wifi on the router is turned off (though the router still acts as the DHCP server).

Any ideas?

Everything else seems fine about the network - in that my phones, the table and laptop all roam seemlessly between discs as they are moved around the home.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Chromecast and whole home wifi

@JollyKnight Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to see you're having problems connecting to Chromecast over the Whole home wifi network. I'd recommend you report this to the whole home wifi helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or via email btconnectedhome@bt.com as they will be able to look into this for you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings