cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Complete Wi-Fi & Device Handoff

I have just migrated from Whole Home Wi-Fi to Complete Wi-Fi and have 2 x additional discs in the COmplete Wi-Fi set up.

I am finding that I am not getting any form of  'device handoff' between discs compaed to it all working grerat with Whole Home Wi-Fi.

From what I have read I believe that Complete WI-fi should perform device handoff between discs. Can I get clarification on this and any suggestions on why I have to power off/switch off Wi-fi on a device to get it to move from a 'weak' signal to a 'strong' signal and as such connect to the most appropriate disc. 

thanks

Pete

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Complete Wi-Fi & Device Handoff

@hubbardp 

The BT Complete Wifi is not a mesh system like the Whole Home Wifi, so you will not get any handover, as they are just wireless repeaters.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks Keith

disappointed to find this given reviews state it is a 'mesh' and even the BT person who 'sold' me on this said it was when asked.

Appreciate the clarification.

Pete

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@hubbardp wrote:

Thanks Keith

disappointed to find this given reviews state it is a 'mesh' and even the BT person who 'sold' me on this said it was when asked.

Appreciate the clarification.

Pete

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Wifi-Disc-Black-Devices-Not-Roaming/m-p/2015782...

You can go back to using the Whole Home discs, but they do not mesh with the smart hub 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

Thanks - that will be the plan I think along with a nice call to BT sales

undestand that they cannot be mixed, just a bit annoyed to the mix of messages etc. 

Pete

0 Ratings