Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ukio
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Complete WiFi Query

Go to solution

Hello there,

We have a SH2 and single WiFi Disc as part of the Complete WiFi package.

Our property is very large and as things stand the hub and single disc only manages to supply a stable signal to approx 2/3 of the length of the house we still have a large area that cannot pick up our WiFi.

If we request another disc as per guaranteed signal terms, does the 2nd disc need to be in range of the hub or will it piggyback onto the 1st disc as I know for a fact that the location the disc needs to be in will not pick up the hub but will be in range of the 1st disc.

Appreciate any thoughts as I’d like to know if this arrangement will work or if I should consider the stand alone BT Whole Home Disc system if this would achieve better results.

Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Complete WiFi Query

Go to solution

@ukio 

The complete wifi solution will find the best connection for a device,  from any disk, whether its from the home hub, or another disk.

The app will tell you how the network has configured itself, and what devices are connected to each disk or the home hub.

See https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/m-p/1901302#...

0 Ratings
ukio
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
Hi,

So to clarify if I install disc 2 at the far end of the house where it will not be in range of the hub it will instead connect itself to disc 1 ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@ukio wrote:
Hi,

So to clarify if I install disc 2 at the far end of the house where it will not be in range of the hub it will instead connect itself to disc 1 ?

Yes, its a mesh system, so it will find the most suitable path, provided there is one. You may have to experiment with the final position. I believe that the app will give you some guidance.

Its worth reading that thread I linked to.

Its similar to the retail Whole Home system, except that the SH2 form the first node in the mesh, instead of having to keep one disk connected to the home hub.