Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
ishamm
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Complete WiFi kit Vs Whole Home Kit?

BT has just released its new smart hub and whole home kit replacement, with seemingly little fanfare. I have a few queries about this. How will the new "Complete Home" kits compare to the whole home kits? Are they the same? Will support for our paid kits be dropped in favour of these new free kits? Any plans on refunding those of us that had to spend time and money trying to fix the inadequacies of the Smart Hub, now that BT is giving seemingly the same products away for free? We had to purchase two kits (six whole home hubs) to achieve consistent signal throughout our house (strange layout and thick walls), at considerable cost.
Will BT offer to replace our disks with the newer versions, of the newer ones are less faulty products? (Despite all the firmware updates we still find our connection or random disks will drop out fairly often)
Thanks.
3 REPLIES
B1998
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Complete WiFi kit Vs Whole Home Kit?

Both are totally different propositions from what I can see.
Also, complete wifi is NOT free. It also doesn't look like it supports access controls like whole home wifi does.
Looks interesting if you're already a BT customer though.
0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 3 of 4

Hi @ishamm,

Thanks for the comment and welcome to the community.

I created a discussion over on our Wi-Fi board today to offer some more information on Complete Wi-Fi but also to garner questions so that I can find the answers to.  

Would you mind posting any questions related to Complete Wi-Fi on this thread, Introducing Complete Wi-Fi from BT some of the product team will be interacting directly Smiley Happy

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Spruth888
Message 4 of 4

It isn't a free service, it's a subscription on your account. You pay a little extra. If you've bought the whole home kits in the past 30 days you can have a refund under consumer law.
0 Ratings