cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Papasmurph
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Complete WiFi multiple (118!) miniupnp firewall port's open

Complete WiFi (black) disc connected to Smart Hub 2.

Disc is working great and has really fixed our wifi coverage over the last couple of months.

The problem I have is when I checked the firewall, I noticed 118 miniupnp ports have been opened on the firewall to the disc (no other devices) which to me was horrifying. I contacted support and was told to factory reset the WiFi disc and they would send a bag to return the suspected faulty disc. I also had a new disc sent out to resolve another dead spot so I'm thinking of changing it over when the new one arrives in case the existing one is still faulty.

However, resetting and swapping out the disc does not pacify my security concerns as to how or why so many ports have been opened. Can anyone offer any insight?

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Complete WiFi multiple (118!) miniupnp firewall port's open

@Papasmurph 

Probably best if one of the BT Device experts answered, but as a guess, I would say that the ports are being used to carry communications between the smart hub, and the discs. This is needed for a wireless mesh to function.

I am sure this has been mentioned before and has to do with the Spanning Tree Protocol.

0 Ratings