cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noidea66
Beginner
Message 11 of 22

Re: Complete Wifi Disc Flashing Red

Well, I just had the same problem again - disc flashing red for a good few hours, this time without it having been turned off or disconnected. I've just turned off the router again and back on (restart) and - yes, the same fix seems to have worked again. All lights blue. Just thought it might be worth letting those in similar peril know. Cheers.

lynsey
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

My disc was flashing red, went and joined the forum, I just had to press the reset button on the back of my bthub2 and it turned solid blue in about a minute - hope this helps
0 Ratings
ajsbsa
Beginner
Message 13 of 22

Great thanks alot
0 Ratings
lynsey
Beginner
Message 14 of 22

You are very welcome!
0 Ratings
QPRfan
Beginner
Message 15 of 22

I tried to conenct my new Disc today

Like many it operated perfectly during set upi whilst conencted by ethernet to the Hub

And like many, once I placed it elsewhere in the house it was giving a constant flashing blue light.  Reboots anf factory reset did not work.

So I checked the router setting and yes it was set to Mode 2.  I changed it to Mode 1 and saved the settings.

And now the disc works perfectly!

Thanks for the advice

0 Ratings
Doctorlunch
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

If all else fails, I have another solution. 😄

I had a red flashing light on one of my discs after having had the new Halo wifi discs for over three months. I found that if I relocated it near to a disc it turned blue again but it was annoying that it used to work perfectly in the previous location. I tried restarting the hub from the app with no success. Then I physically turned the hub off.

I saw that someone suggested changing to mode 2 in the settings but didn't fancy doing this. Maybe it works but the idea that I might lose some speed was not what I wanted. 

Finally I was looking at the advanced settings and decided to hit the "rescan" button on the 2.4ghz and 5ghz. Lo and behold it changed from channel 1 to channel 11 and suddenly I have a blue light back on the disc. All is well. 

0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 17 of 22

I have to say, I have 5 discs in total and we get a red light on at least one of the discs every single day.

yes, I’ve power cycled it, I’ve factory reset it and I’ve re-paired it back with the hub and for countless times I’ve restarted the hub as well as factory resetting the hub.

I do wonder if there’s a bug in the current firmware 

0 Ratings
Doctorlunch
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

Yes, despite my earlier joy at thinking I had fixed the problem, the red flashing light returned. I sent back the disc and have moved one of my discs closer to the router where I get an "excellent" rating. Direct line of site, so nothing to interfere. So far alls is stable but I now don't have very good wifi in one of my rooms.
0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 19 of 22

I don’t think the range of these discs appears to be that great.

can you post again if you get the red light again. 

I woke up this morning to find 3 out of 5 of our discs are flashing red.

I’m contemplating factory resetting absolutely everything which hasn’t been done yet since the roll out of the firmware on 13th April. 

0 Ratings
PARKERTEK
Contributor
Message 20 of 22

I found the problem to be overloaded electrical sockets.

first of all, try not to plug the home hub into any kind of power extension.

same goes for the discs!

they appear to be very sensitive to cutting out if they don’t have enough power and will display a red light.

for instance, a PS4 console (13amps) or PC (13amps) could initially draw quite a bit of power, then all the devices plugged into that extension are then fighting for power and if the current drops low enough it’ll be enough to potentially reset the disc and reset its connection.

You should never really exceed 20 amps on a double socket and no more than 13 amps at any one time on a single socket.

I hope this might help 

0 Ratings