cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Complete Wifi discs

Hi Community,

I'm thinking of signing up for BT Fibre broadband with complete wifi. I'm having trouble understanding how the router and disc connect.

My router is in my office which is on 2nd floor of my house. My house is a stone-built barn conversion.

I also have a need for good wifi in my lounge which is 2 floors below.

I understand that the complete wifi disc will enable good wifi away from the router - in my circumstances in my lounge.

However I also understand that the disc needs to be hard-wired (ethernet cable) to the router. I cannot physically run an ethernet cable down 2 floors and across 2 rooms to get to my lounge (even if there was one long enough).

So can I have some advice please:

Is my understanding about hard-wiring correct ?

How might I configure for my situation ?

Thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Complete Wifi discs

do you not get more than one disc?  I use DECO M5s in a similar building with one connected direct to a modem, no hub, and two more discs around the house.  We've not found anywhere on the property/site without a decent signal (stone walls 500mm thick).

Message 3 of 6

Message 4 of 6

Complete Wi-Fi (black) Discs do not need a cable connection to the hub, you are geting confused with Wholehome Wi-Fi (white discs) where the first disc does require a cable connection.

BT will supply up to 3 Complete Wi-Fi discs according to your needs

Message 5 of 6

@BazzaS1wrote:

However I also understand that the disc needs to be hard-wired (ethernet cable) to the router. I cannot physically run an ethernet cable down 2 floors and across 2 rooms to get to my lounge (even if there was one long enough).

They don't need to be hard-wired, they connect wirelessly.
Once paired you move it to where the BT app indicates is the best location, they do need connected to power so a nearby electricity socket is needed.
If you still have an area without strong wi-fi you contect BT, who will send a 2nd and if needed even a 3rd free of charge.

You would also have a 14 day cooling off period and can revert back to your previous package, BT would send a returns kit for the equipment to be sent back free of charge.

Also look at www.bt.com/completewifi for more info.

Message 6 of 6

Thanks - much clearer now.
0 Ratings